IʼM STILL HERE®
An I'm Still Here® Center of Excellence
The only one of it's kind in Georgia, Berman Commons’ Ackerman Memory Care is proud to utilize the I’m Still Here® approach for adults with Alzheimer’s and other forms of dementia. I’m Still Here® is a philosophy of memory care based on the belief that every person living with dementia is truly still there and can experience a high quality of life regardless of the severity of their memory loss.
With this exclusive program, we gain a deep understanding of each resident’s personal story, strengths and preferences to create a purposeful and uplifting experience each day. The I'm Still Here® approach at Berman Commons blends proven best practices in memory care with Jewish Home Life Communities’ unique and long-standing commitment to make our residents our number one priority.
Jewish Home Life Communities is the only senior care organization in Georgia (and 1 of only 25 in the country) to have certified I’m Still Here® Centers of Excellence in our family of services. To learn more about the I’m Still Here® Approach at Berman Commons and our exclusive partnership with the Hearthstone Institute please CLICK HERE.
- Purpose-driven engagement program that empowers residents to utilize their skills and abilities
- Parallel programming customized for each resident's interests and personal stage of memory impairment
- Dedicated Activities Director and experienced caregivers with advanced dementia care training in the I'm Still Here® approach
- Full-time LPNs on staff to ensure quality care
- Private dining room with the same delicious, chef-prepared, kosher meals, but presented in a way that works best for each individual
- Top-floor studios and open concept design overlooking the MJCCA ball fields
- Bright and spacious living and activities areas smartly-designed for those with cognitive impairment
- Secure outdoor patio for residents to enjoy fresh air and the sights and sounds of the outdoors
- Secure Memory Garden with walking paths and benches
Short term stay now available! Click here for details.